Family Birthing Center
The Family Birthing Center at St. Rose Hospital is the perfect place to help you make the birth of your child a special and memorable event. Our new mothers and their babies receive a level of personal attention and quality of care that is unparalleled in today’s healthcare environment.
The Family Birthing Center is a 17-bed perinatal unit with private labor, delivery, recovery, postpartum (LDRP) suites. Our philosophy is to provide options to meet the needs of the new mother, the family and the newborn, and to promote a service oriented atmosphere during your stay. When your baby is born at St. Rose Hospital, he or she becomes a permanent part of our extended family. After you and your baby go home, you can call us at any time with questions, concerns, or support.
Along with our specialty trained staff, we offer:
- Epidural on demand
- Skin to skin, rooming in, delayed cord clamping
- An exclusive breastfeeding, and baby-friendly atmosphere
- Prenatal and childbirth preparation classes
- Pre-registration to facilitate early admission
- Non-pharmaceutical pain management
- 24/7 Anesthesia Coverage
- 24/7 Obstetrician Coverage
- Neonatology service through Good Samaritan Hospital
- Commitment to inclusive, culturally-competent care to the LGBTQ+ Community
Awards and Recognition
The Family Birthing Center is committed to providing excellent healthcare to mothers and babies and we strive to eliminate preventable harm by participating in Quest for Zero. We have received several awards annually since 2010 for successfully completing the requirements of BETA Healthcare Group. This involves training the physicians and nurses for emergencies by participating in modules and simulations.
Our exclusive breast feeding rate is about 55% and we work with mothers to provide the necessary resources when needed.
Our primary C-section rate is about 18% which is much lower than the national average, which is 33%.
For more information about St. Rose Hospital’s additional awards, recognitions, and accreditations, click here.
Before your Baby Arrives
At St. Rose Hospital, we offer a variety of low-cost or free prenatal and childbirth education classes. To learn more about the classes that we offer, please contact us directly at 510-264-4031.
We recommend pre-registration as well as scheduling a hospital tour ahead of time. Pre-registration is done during your third trimester, leaving mom-to-be and her support person to focus on the birth of the baby.
You can print and complete a pre-registration form in advance by clicking here.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us at 510-264-4031.
Childbirth Education Classes
St. Rose Hospital’s Family Birthing Center is excited to provide patients with the opportunity to attend personalized and convenient online childbirth classes free of charge. Complementary childbirth classes are available to patients planning to deliver at St. Rose Hospital. To register, patient’s should have received information with an access code from their obstetric provider’s office, which will allow patients to book childbirth classes for free.
How does it work?
Powered through a partnership with Birthly, patients are now able to access a variety of classes through an online virtual platform. Patients now have more flexibility in choosing a time that fits their schedule and can connect from the comfort of their own home.
Childbirth Education Experience Includes:
- Live Video Feed. Connect with certified and experienced childbirth educators through virtual classroom.
- Interactive Q&A. Get real-time answers to your biggest questions.
- Group Chat. Meet other new parents and share your experiences.
What classes are available?
Each patient can register for the classes that fit their stage of pregnancy or area of interest post pregnancy, allowing patients to access valuable educational resources in the comfort of their own homes. Each class type is offered multiple times a month, providing patients more flexibility in choosing a time that fits their schedule. During the class, educators will provide interactive teaching on a variety of top-of-mind topics and patients will have dedicated time to ask questions.
Available Classes Include:
Childbirth Education Experience Includes:
- Early Pregnancy Preparations. A roadmap to a typical pregnancy journey, highlighting all the key milestones. You will hear about nutrition, exercise, and mental health.
- Prenatal Bootcamp (Available in English and Spanish). A detailed overview of the labor and delivery process. Also covers the basics of common medical interventions and postpartum strategies.
- Coping and Comfort. An experiential class that equips parents with non-pharmacological tools and strategies commonly used for coping with labor.
- Breastfeeding 101 (Available in English and Spanish). A class filled with specific instructions and expert advice on how to get a good start to breastfeeding.
- Newborn Care (Available in English and Spanish). A course designed to help new parents become familiar with newborn behavior and the ins-and-outs of practical babycare.
Complementary childbirth classes are available to patients planning to deliver at St. Rose Hospital. To register, patient’s should have received information with a access code from their obstetric provider’s office.
Need Assistance? Please contact email@example.com