St. Rose Hospital is licensed and accredited by The Joint Commission. Take a look below for a complete listing of our awards and distinctions.
The Joint Commission
St. Rose Hospital is proud to acknowledge our hospital staff, physicians and administration for achieving the maximum three-year accreditation awarded by The Joint Commission during their 2016 survey of the hospital. St. Rose Hospital demonstrated full compliance with all of the National Patient Safety Goals (NPSG).
The hospital’s success in passing the survey means we offer our patients exceptional quality care across a broad range of inpatient and outpatient services. It also means that we’re on track with our mission to meet the healthcare needs of our community.
For a detailed report of our successful survey, please go to The Joint Commission website.
Beta Healthcare Group
Since 2014, St. Rose Hospital has received the BETA Healthcare Group Quest for Zero Initiative Recognition Award. This award is designed to recognize hospitals with high quality obstetrical practices, BETA’s Quest for Zero OB initiative requires participating hospitals to achieve 100-percent compliance in several key areas to promote the best possible outcome for maternity patients.
For a detailed report, please go to Beta Healthcare website.
Designated Cardiac Receiving Center
St. Rose Hospital is one of only four hospitals in Alameda County to offer emergency angioplasty and life-saving non-invasive procedures. These procedures help doctors diagnose and treat heart attacks. St Rose Hospital has been a centrally located distinguished Cardiac Receiving Center for Alameda County.
The American Heart Association (AHA) recommends that a heart attack patient receive treatment within 90 minutes after arrival to the hospital. St. Rose Hospital averages 66 minutes. The Hospital’s program is being used as a model for the state and nation as a best practice in the treatment of heart disease.
Elective Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI) Program
St. Rose Hospital at the forefront of Cardiac Care
St. Rose Hospital is one of nine hospitals statewide that is certified by the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) to perform Elective Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI). With this certification St. Rose Hospital is able to offer both emergent and non-emergent cardiac services to the citizens of Hayward and Alameda County; another choice in cardiac care.
Click Here for more information on cardiac services available at St. Rose Hospital and see how well St. Rose Hospital performs for patients who have had a cardiac catheterization or PCI.
Clinical Commendation - Radiology Department
St. Rose Hospital Radiology department has been awarded a three-year term of accreditation for Obstetrics and Vascular Ultrasound services from the American College of Radiology (ARC). Granted to healthcare facilities that demonstrate state-of-the-art services and equipment, this accreditation represents the highest level of image quality and is awarded to facilities that meet the stringent ACR Practice Guidelines and Technical Standards.
Additional Awards and Recognitions
- American Red Cross Mission: Lifeline Quality Achievement Award for STEMI Receiving - 2022
- Beta Health Care Group Quest for Zero: OB Initiative Achievement – 2014 - 2021
- California Department of Public Health Vital Records Certificate of Recognition for Complete Recording of Birth Certificate Data – 2020
- Beta Health Care Group Quest for Zero: OB Initiative Achievement – 2014 - 2020
- California Health and Human Services Agency, Hospital Quality Institute, Cal Hospital Compare Maternity Care Honor Roll Award – 2019
- Eden Area ROP, Hayward, Castro Valley, San Leandro, San Lorenzo Unified School District and Chambers of Commerce Certificate of Appreciation for Alameda County Student Career Development – 2019
- City of Hayward Environmental Sustainability Award - 2019
- Immunization Action Coalition – Hepatitis B Birth Dose Honor Roll – 2015, 2016, 2019
- Health Services Advisory Group (HSAG) & Hospital Quality Institute: Certificate of Recognition – 2018
- Beta Health Care Group Quest for Zero: ED Initiative Achievement – 2018
- Smart Care California: Achievement Award/C-Section Honor Roll – 2016, 2018
- American College of Cardiology: Certificate of Recognition – 2015 - 2018
- California State Legislature: Certificate of Recognition – 2017
- County of Alameda Commendation: The Heart of STEM Program – 2017
- Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition – 2017
- Influenza Vaccination Honor Roll – 2017
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Certificate of Appreciation – 2016, 2017
- Alameda County Community Health Bank: Acknowledgment – 2016
- Alameda County Pediatric Readiness Champion Award – 2016
- National Hospital Organ Donation Campaign Silver Recognition – 2015
- Donor Network West Gold Award – 2015
- Super Bowl 50 FACES for the Future Playmaker Grant – 2015
- Certificate of Special Congressional Recognition – 2014
- The Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures – 2013, 2014
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Certificate of Appreciation – 2012